Q: 08 camry hybrid. Hybrid battery seems to test ok, I removed the entire pack and load tested each cell, but i still get dash light

asked by on June 25, 2017

I had check hybridSystem/vcs, etc. Removed trac batt and cleaned all copper connections of corrosion, took initial voltage reading from each of the 34 cells and all were within 0.2-0.4V (8.0V) of each other. Load tested each cell with halogen headlight for 2 min, rest for 1 min, and took final volt reading and still although approx 1V loss across all 34 after resting, +/- .03v (6.9-7.3V) they seem balanced. Replaced traction battery into car and all seemed ok. Replaced aux battery with new AGM also, just to be safe because it did show 1 dead cell at local parts store test. Now, it is 113 degrees here in Vegas so A/C is necessary, but, A/C if even on low drains the trac batt in 1-2 min if not moving and batt @50% . If i miss turning A/C off before it hits 2 purple lines, I get "checkHybridSytem" and then i have to pull the aux batt lead, let car cool and then all is good again. my question is, is there something I missed? A relay maybe or component that generally goes bad

Hi there. Typically when a warning light is illuminated on the dash, it is due to an error code being created and stored in the ECU. In most cases, in order for the error light to go away, it needs to be manually reset and cleared from the ECU. To do this, it’s best to have a professional mechanic come to our location and complete a warning light inspection. This will allow them to determine if the problem is resolved or if additional repairs are needed.