Q: How do i remove a stripped bolt from a battery post clamp?

Okay the clamps on my battery posts are loose, I have fixed the positive clamp and it is secure. My problem is the bolt on the negative clamp is stripped and i am not able to get vicegripe around the end of the bolt because it is totally flat and has no traction. I have been without a car for a week with this problem and i do not have the money to take it to a professional mechanic. Any suggestions would be helpful

Hello. From what you describe it would appear that your battery terminal will likely need to be replaced. If you do not have the resources to have it professionally replaced then replacing it on your own could be another option. Doing so would be a relatively simple procedure that only requires basic hand tools, primarily a tool such as pliers or a wire cutter, that can be used to cut off the old terminal and strip the wire, so that the terminal can be replaced. A replacement terminal as well as any tools required could be easily found at a at parts place. If this sounds like more you are willing to undertake, I would then recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, visit your location to replace the terminal.

3. How do i remove a stripped bolt from a battery post clamp?