Q: I took off from a stop sign felt like something stuck and than sounded like i had a flat tire. Now it's making a loud Thumping in 2014 Kia Sorento

I was at a stop sign when I took off it felt like something stuck and than released. I went a little further and it started sounding like I had a flat tire. I pulled over and checked. No flat tire. When I started going again there is a loud thinking noise coming from the back. What could this be?

Hello - this issue (or issues) may be a combination of multiple problems. The "stuck" issue at the stop light may be a brake not releasing when you take your foot off the brake pedal. The thumping noise once you started moving again could be a broken component in the brake system on one wheel that is catching each time the wheel revolves. It could also be a tire with separating tread - may still be holding air, but the tire is coming apart. I would recommend a tire and brake inspection](https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-shaking-or-vibrating-inspection) immediately by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs. This does not sound like a safe situation!

• I took off from a stop sign felt like something stuck and than sounded like i had a flat tire. Now it's making a loud Thumping in 2014 Kia Sorento