Q: The light bulbs on the tail lights work and I changed the fuse but the lights won't dim at night

asked by on September 11, 2017

At first the brake lights won't work, so I changed the bulbs and they started working, but then I discovered at night I don't get the low dim light while driving, I located the fuse and changed it, but still won't work

Hello, thank you for writing in. You have covered the basics. You know the brake lights work, but they are not getting the power they should have under all circumstances. The most direct way, at this point, to find the problem, is to trace the electrical power from the source to the brake lights with a voltmeter. This will help you find out where the power is being cut off. If your car has automatic lights, then you may have a problem with the sensor or the switch. Another quick test is to check them in park. If the parking brake light function is not working either, its likely a wiring problem not allowing a certain pathway to pass electricity. For more help with diagnostics or repairs, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.