Q: Car lost power and makes a really loud noise - 2001 Chevrolet Blazer

Car makes a really loud noise when accelerating. Its started when coming up a bill hill on the freeway. It lost power and started making that loud noise. There isn't anything leaking and there is no service engine light on. I recently had a flat tire and got a replacement and car seemed unlined.

Hello. You may still want to have a diagnostic troubleshooting code scan performed on the vehicle. Not all issues will automatically trigger a warning light. However, there may be mechanical issues to blame for this. You will want to take a good look at your motor mounts. It may sound odd at first, but a broken mount(s) can cause a huge number of issues very similar to yours.

You can also raise the vehicle up off the ground and attempt to recreate the sound to see if it is coming from your wheels. If you don’t know if it is engine related or not, you will want to check the alignment and the wheel bearings. If you cannot find the issue, then I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to perform an inspection to determine why the car is losing power.

• Car lost power and makes a really loud noise - 2001 Chevrolet Blazer