Q: is it a temp sensor or bad head gasket?

So today we drove my 93 escort for the first time since it had a heating core and brake replacement. Out of no where it started trying to overheat, we tried to add coolant and it spilled straight through underneath the radiator. It started to sound like it was bubbling, so we have no clue what to think at this point. So we asked a friend and he said he thinks it sounds like a temperature sensor, but then another says head gasket. So i need better advice please!

Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

A diagnostic would determine the root cause of the overheating. If the coolant level was low, and/or there was trapped air in the cooling passageways, perhaps related to the heater core repair, those faults themselves can cause overheating. If the coolant level was low due to a leak, such can be found in a leak diagnostic with simple pressure testing. There are a few other common causes of overheating, namely a faulty thermostat, a plugged radiator, collapsed hoses, and a faulty water pump or drive belt. Certain engine faults, such as a leaking head gasket or poor engine running condition can also cause overheating. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine overheating diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.