Q: Reduced Power and P0601 code is found in computer.

My truck is going into reduced power mode while driving. It will also die and go into reduced power mode while I start it to warm up in the driveway. It seems random. I can go 2 weeks without it happening or sometimes it will do it 4 times a day. I am also getting P0601 and P0449. Could the bad evap solenoid cause the pcm to not read right and throw the p0601?

So far, we have changed the spark plugs, the battery (it was dead at the post when all of this started), the throttle body and a wire going from the throttle body. Is there anything else we can do other than replace the pcm?

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. The P0449 evaporative code is on for either an electrical circuit malfunction to the vent solenoid or the vent solenoid on the emissions circuit has failed. The P0601 code comes on when the computer can no longer register any circuits tests. This means that the ECM (computer) has lost all of its memory and cannot get it back and would need to be either flashed (reprogrammed) or replaced. Before you decide to replace the ECM or have it flashed, check the battery and make sure that it has a full charge. If you need further assistance with the check engine light codes, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.