Q: SUV hesitates when driving slowly and accelerating

Usually when driving slowly or accelerating, my SUV hesitates. It also hesitates other times, for instance when I stop at an intersection too long. However, it easily restarts. The oil was just recently changed, plus the date inspection was performed and I also had 4 new tires installed. The power steering fluid has been refilled and they put some kind of product in the gas tank to remove water from it. The check engine light is not on and the light is not burned out. Because my car died today, again, I almost got rear ended, so I must get this fixed soon. What will fix my SUV?

A: If you have water in the gas, then you will...

If you have water in the gas, then you will have problems with the way it runs. I recommend having a fuel sample tested to see if you have water in the fuel. If you have an aftermarket air filter that has oil on it, then it may be causing the mass air sensor to incorrectly read how much air is getting in to the engine and will cause some of the problems you have been having. If so replace the air filter and service and clean the mass air sensor.