Q: Engine whining

When I start my vehicle my engine whines a lil until I give it gas, then it gets a lot louder and the higher the RPM is the louder it gets. It doesn't matter if my Transmission is in Park, Neutral, Drive or Reverse, it still whines. I took off the serpentine belt to rule out Pullys, Alternator, Water pump and power steering. The sounds is coming somewhere on the passenger side of the engine. Any suggestions?

The typical cause of a whining sound during engine idle; which progressively gets louder during increase in RPM is a belt, pulley or faulty pump (either AC, water pump or power steering). If you didn’t remove the AC belt, this could be the source, since this component is typically located on the passenger side of the engine, towards the dash. I would recommend having a professional mechanic come to your location if possible to complete a car is making a noise inspection; so they can inspect the vehicle and help you determine the precise source of this noise.

3. Engine whining