Q: Transmission slipping when driving

My transmission is slipping. While driving, I accelerate, but after a block and a half the car won't drive. The vehicle feels like it has gone into neutral. I stop and turn the car off, and can then start it and drive for another block and a half before it does the same thing again.

A: Sounds like its time for a rebuild. Automat...

Sounds like its time for a rebuild. Automatic transmissions have clutches inside that are made of a material similar to brake pads. Over time the clutch material wears away or gets damaged from repeated use. When this happens there is not much to do but disassemble the transmission to determine the extent of the damage. Usually in a case like yours a "soft" build is all that is required. This generally means replacing seals, clutches, and bands and converter. If more damage is found during inspection a "hard" build might be necessary. This includes seals, clutches bands, bearings, bushings, converter and any other damaged components. Definitely a job that I suggest seeking professional help for.