Q: All of the dash lights and gauges flash, and then the car dies

While driving my car, all of the dash lights flash, and the gauges go up and down, and then the car dies. I put the car in park and it starts right back up up. This problem is intermittent, and the dealer is unable to duplicate the problem. No codes are stored. What is causing this? Why are there no codes stored and why is it not able to store the codes or is this something there is no code for?

Have the main integrated fuse relay box checked for connection issues. The fuse box on these vehicle have been known to cause stalling issues along with other erratic electrical issues. Contact a dealer to see if your vehicle may have a recall for the box replacement. If it isn’t under a recall, replacing the fuse box may fix your problem if no loose or corroded connections are found. I’d recommend having your vehicle looked at by a qualified technician, they will be able to properly diagnose the cause of why your car is dying.

3. All of the dash lights and gauges flash, and then the car dies