Q: Oil pressure warning light flashing

asked by on May 12, 2016

Today I was out driving and the oil pressure warning light flashed 3 times, and I am not sure what is wrong. The car is was due for oil change 350 miles ago; could that be the reason? Or could it be something else?

Many engines, regardless of the mileage, will burn a little bit of oil over time. This is part of the reason that the manufacturers recommend changing your oil at certain intervals.

If your vehicle was due for an oil change 350 miles ago, it is very likely that you either have an oil leak or have burned too much oil since your last oil change.

I would recommend having the oil checked, and if it is low, it would be a good idea to go ahead and have your oil changed. YourMechanic offers technicians who can come to your home or business to perform services such as this for your convenience.