Q: The car won't start after the gas that was a few days in the sun, is put in

While I was driving, my car was low on gas. I had some gas left in the gas can, so I put it in. The gas was in the sun for a few days though. When I put it and start the car, it turned off after only a few minutes. I cannot make it run now, it just dies out a few seconds after starting it up. Is this because of the gas I put? If so, would this damage my car? I appreciate your help.

Hello. The gas that you used should not have any problems after only a few days. If the fuel was that low, the issue may be a failed fuel pump. When the fuel gets this low, the pump overheats and fails. The fuel cools the pump. The pump and pressure will need to be checked to verify this. If you need to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your starting issue and replace your fuel pump if necessary.

3. The car won't start after the gas that was a few days in the sun, is put in