Q: Engine light and battery light is on.

Engine light and battery light both came on stopped at AutoZone to have code read he said is a spark plug coil lights started dimming got home parked tried to restart battery dead

Hi there. Check the alternator and see if its not charging properly. Charge up the battery and start the engine. Check for a voltage on the battery with the engine running and see if its between 13.5 and 14.7 volts. If the volts are good, then turn on the headlights to high beams and operate all of the windows at the same time. If the lights dim out a lot, then the alternator is not producing enough amperage to recharge the battery with a large load drop. I then would recommend replacing the alternator. The ignition coils will stop working when the battery is low on a voltage and / or amperage. If you need further assistance with your battery going dead, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Engine light and battery light is on.