Q: Why does my car loose RPM when I'm driving?

I was driving home from work and my car lost rpm went from 2 to 0 and my car turned off and it turned back on but with the same problem! Could it be my battery or oil level?

Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. First check all of the fluids and make sure that they are full and top off all low fluids. Then check the battery and make sure that it has a full charge of 12.6 volts. If the voltage is low, then the engine will stall out for the lack of voltage to the ignition and fuel systems. If the battery is good, then there could be an issue with the fuel system causing the fuel pump to shut off. Check to see if the fuel pump is coming on when you turn on the key and start the engine. If the pump is not functioning, then check the fuel pump relay and see if it’s clicking on. If the relay is not clicking on, then remove the relay and use a test light to see if there is power to the relay. If there is a voltage present then there could be an issue with the fuel pump and it would need replaced. If there is no power to the relay, then there could be an issue with the wiring from the ignition switch to the relay. If you need further assistance with your engine stalling, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.