Q: Having problems when braking the vehicle the steering wheel pulls to the right

hie, when i do sudden brakes my steering wheel pulls to the right side in jerks what can be the cause

A: Hey there. If your vehicle pulls to one sid...

Hey there. If your vehicle pulls to one side when you apply the brakes, it typically means that you have a braking imbalance at one of the front wheels. This may be caused by a collapsed or faulty brake line or otherwise lack of hydraulic pressure getting to one of the brake calipers.

When this happens, this means that one of the brake calipers is doing it’s job at normal or full capacity in terms of stopping power and the other is not. This will cause the vehicle to pull to the side that is working properly since this side is exerting more stopping power than the other side. A certified professional from YourMechanic can verify the cause of the pulling problem and can replace your caliper issue if necessary.