what would a bad transmission control solenoid do? 2000 v...

Q: what would a bad transmission control solenoid do?

asked by on June 25, 2017

?

The fault will depend on exactly which solenoid has failed. Typically a modern transmission will have shift solenoids, a lockup solenoid, a torque converter clutch solenoid, and possibly a solenoid for electronic pressure control. The more common symptoms of a failing or failed solenoid include a delay in shifting, the transmission might fail to downshift, and you might experience the transmission failing to shift into the right gear. To request a diagnostic relevant to a solenoid issue please use YourMechanic’s solenoid inspection/replacement service page. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.