My passenger door will not unlock or lock from inside, yo...

Q: My passenger door will not unlock or lock from inside, you have to lock it from the driver door button, and unlock it with the key

My passenger door will not unlock or lock from inside, you have to lock it from the driver door button, and unlock it with the key on the outside of the door. I wanna know what needs to be fixed, I took the interior door panel off and nothing looks wrong and when I move the door manually to lock and unlock the rod moves, but it does not lock or unlock

If your vehicle is equipped with power door locks, your issue might be electrical in nature. If you have manual door locks, clearly there is a problem with the linkage at some point and the exact fault will have to be determined at inspection. If you want a mobile diagnostic and repair of this issue, the recommended service is a door lock malfunction inspection. At the latter link, you will also see further discussion of some possible causes of the problem that you are describing. If you request the door lock diagnostic service, the responding certified mechanic will get this diagnosed and resolved, right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.