Q: 1999 VW Jetta Poor acceleration

my car goes 20 mph when exiting my driveway even with the gas to the floor and the check engine light comes on it does eventually pick back up and goes the speed i need to do.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The check engine light tells you that the Engine Controller (ECU) has detected a fault and stored a trouble code. So the best place to begin is to have the codes read and interpreted bu a technician. It’s possible you may have a problem in the throttle body which is not uncommon in the Jetta. But you might have other issues as well. If you contact Your Mechanic, they can send a technician to your home or office to read the trouble codes on your Jetta and tell you what they mean and what needs to be done.