Q: Chime in car is annoyingly Too Loud - 2016 Chevrolet Volt CVT

The chime in my car is entirely Too Loud! When I first start my car, the chime goes off five times. I have the volume set all the way down to the lowest setting. If I have the car in park and open the door while the car is still on, the chime goes off. I have to close a gate when I go to work in the mornings and so I don’t want to have to turn the car off just to do that. But that is what I have to do!

I shut off the car and close the gate and then restart the car. This annoying loud sound comes over the speakers, so there is not a way to turn it off. There really should be a 15-minute time limit while a car is in Park that the car shuts off. I know it’s to guard against anyone leaving their car running. I am not exaggerating; this chime is annoyingly LOUD - Too Loud and there’s no way I can change it. Do you have any suggestions of how this chime can be turned down, off, or modified?

A: The Chime Volume setting has two values, No...

The Chime Volume setting has two values, Normal and High. Check your settings to make sure it is in the Normal position. If that is still too loud for you, you might try putting some duct tape over the "door open button" if your model is a Gen 2 Volt. (The Gen 1 button is different.)