Q: I have to jump my car repeatedly.everytime I try to start my car no matter how long it was running for.altenator belt still spins.

Do I need to replace battery or alternator?the car will not start without a jump and it won't stay on for long

A: If your car will not stay running after jum...

If your car will not stay running after jump starting then the charging system is not working and may need an alternator and may even also need a new battery. If you need help with this, I recommend having a technician from YourMechanic come to your location to inspect the battery, cables, and alternator. They will be able to diagnose your car's starting issue and make the repairs needed to get your vehicle back on the road promptly.