Q: I have left my car out in the cold for 9 days. Today, I tried to start it and it wouldn’t start. I’m assuming the battery drained

I’m hoping that I can just jump start my car and be fine after that, considering i just bought my first car and I don’t have the money to buy a new battery

Hi Brianna. Thanks for contacting us tonight. When it’s really cold outside and the vehicle does not start for longer than a week, it’s common for the battery to be low on cranking amps, which causes the lack of starting in most cases. If you can jumpstart the vehicle and it starts, make sure to leave it running and drive it for at least 30 minutes, to give the alternator an opportunity to charge the battery. If you have a battery charger or know someone who does, it’s probably best to charge the battery for a day or so, to ensure it’s good. If the battery is older, however, it’s possible that it will need to be replaced.

3. I have left my car out in the cold for 9 days. Today, I tried to start it and it wouldn’t start. I’m assuming the battery drained