hearing loud clicking when I accelerate, when foot off ga...

Q: hearing loud clicking when I accelerate, when foot off gas, reduced sound, sometimes step on gas and its gone

asked by on May 30, 2017

recently, started hearing clicking/tapping? noise when I acerbate, seemed would happen when accelerating at a low speed, (5-25 mph) sometimes really loud, and lacks as much power; when I let off gas, the clicking reduces. sometimes after I let off the sound doesn't happen at all, and acceleration is fine. Seems to be happening more and more, and getting louder. also happens more in mornings.

Hi there. In most cases, a tapping sound will come from two areas; the top of the motor or the axle shaft area. With the engine, the tapping noise is either lack of oil lubrication in the top of the motor (or loose valve train hardware like lifters) or due to engine knocking (small misfires). In the axle area, this type of noise can be caused by damaged CV joints, or even a brake rotor that is warped. It’s a good idea to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location to complete a car is making a noise inspection, so they can diagnose this issue and recommend the right repairs.