Q: I have a 2011 Buick LaCrosse automatic. When i put the car in reverse it gives me resistance when i hit the gas. If i don’t push t

asked by on December 20, 2017

When i put my car in reverse and go to back up it gives me resistance and a sound like I’m going over a bump. If i don’t floor the pedal through the resistance then my car stalls. Sometimes it will do it when i first put it into drive too but much more often with reverse.

This problem may be caused by a sticking defective pressure control solenoid in the transmission and you will need to have the transmission pressure tested to verify the solenoid needs replaced. You may also need to replace the transmission control module if codes received indicate replacement.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr