Q: 42rle transmission driveshaft have different part numbers.

Are there different driveshafts in the libertys? One on it has the numbers "p52111596AB" new one has same numbers but last 2 letters are "AA" whats the difference? Dont want to tear apart if it wont work. Thanks

The best thing to do is cross reference the part number with the dealership and the parts store. Keep in mind, the part number on your jeep is from the dealership and not a local parts store. So if you are going to replace the driveshaft with an aftermarket part, then the part is not the same as the dealership, but it is similar. I recommend using a measuring tape and measure the driveshaft from yoke to yoke and the size of the yokes along with a picture, then you have an reference to check on the replacement driveshaft. If you need further assistance with your driveshaft, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. 42rle transmission driveshaft have different part numbers.