Q: Why is there a burning smell in the car when the heat or air is on?

asked by on October 19, 2016

when air or heat is on a burnt like smell come in /2 or 2 1/2 min. it goes away

Smell in the car Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hello and thank you for your question. The smell you are having is a result of a dirty cabin air filter that needs to be replaced. The filter is under the dash behind the glove box. If you continue smelling anything afterwards, then look in the engine compartment for any issues with wiring or the fan motor wiring.

If you need assistance finding the smell, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you determine the source of the smell in the car.