Q: After it rains my car rumbles in low rpm and accelerates slowly, the service engine soon also comes on

asked by on August 13, 2017

After it rains my car heavily rumbles in low rpm and gear switches. It accelerates slower as well. The engine light also turns. It has happened twice before after a hard rain but after a couple hot days it clears up and the engine light turns off.

You may be getting water into the ignition and electrical system from engine fan blowing it all over the engine. In order to find the connections that are not sealed good you will need to have the computer tested to get the codes to one or more sensors. There is a known problem where the computer is not sealed into the firewall good and needs the seal removed and the seal resealed around the computer where water gets in.