Q: Carburetor problem

After pouring gas in the carburetor, the car will start, but then dies.

A: The carburetor needs a good supply of fuel ...

The carburetor needs a good supply of fuel to keep the engine running; if the fuel pump is not suppling the fuel, or the filter is clogged solid, then fuel cannot get to the carburetor. If fuel is getting to the carburetor, then the needle and seat in the carburetor could be plugged or stuck. I recommend that you have a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect your car and perform a fuel pressure test to diagnose the no start.