Q: My car is very loud, what could it be

asked by on February 12, 2017

When I drive my car , it is loud. When I drive, I can feel my gas pedal shaking a little. And my car makes little vibrating noises. What could this be?

Exhaust System Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote
Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The presence of relatively loud noise, as well as vibration, could mean you have multiple issues. Typically, very loud operation is due to exhaust system faults but exhaust system faults will not generally cause vibration in the vehicle. To investigate the possibility of exhaust system faults as the cause of the loud noise, please request an exhaust system inspection.

Common causes of vibration in a vehicle include poor or rough engine operation, wheel bearing faults, wheel/tire assembly imbalance, and defective tires. Other, less common possibilities include suspension faults (strut/shock failure). Certain tire defects, particularly internal belt damage or separations, as well as irregular tire wear will cause vibration. Defective tires will vibrate no matter how "well" balanced they are and indeed some brand new tires with irregularities in sidewall stiffness and excessive radial force variation will vibrate no matter how well balanced. If you request a noise/vibration diagnostic, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic would evaluate all the possibilities, including tire balance, and resolve this for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.