Q: Installed new rack and pinion,power steering pump and lines worked good for 2 days now no power steering. No leaks

New rack and pinion new pump and lines. Worked fine for 2 days now no power steering and no leaks.

Hi there. The replacement of the power steering components, should of lasted more than 2 days. If, there is a power steering cooler present in the system. It should have been flushed, to prevent contamination of the newly replaced power steering components. The power steering pump is most likely, the cause for no assist. There should be an audible change in noise, from the power steering pump, as the steering wheel is being turned. I recommend having your vehicle’s no power steering be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. Installed new rack and pinion,power steering pump and lines worked good for 2 days now no power steering. No leaks