Q: Car is overheating everytime i drive it for about 15-20 minz

I bought a04 Cadi Srx V8. NSTAR AWD,Initially when I purchased it I was told it had a bad head gasket,although it has over 190,000 miles on it and the suv is now13years old the body is mint as well as the interior of the car.I was offered a deal for $2000 and the car was mine. With the deal my friend sucked me in by telling me that his brother in law works at a car salvage yard and had the exact motor sitting for me with 60,000 miles for $450and I have some1who is more experienced than me with cars to take the lead and help me swap out engines for another $400,Problem I have now is I'm not fully convinced after watching some youtube videos,reading alotta articles & just everyday getn 2 know the car,that its a headgasket prob.I've dun a combustible gas test n/ no white smoke from tailpipe,a UV dye test nada,coolant boils and steams away when car rides for bout 15minz get real hot on gauge, them goes to cool then shoots to danger.I hear coolant rushing around.I think its thermstat??

Hello there, many faults will cause your 2004 Cadillac SRX to overheat after driving for 15-20 minutes. When head gaskets fail the most common signs are the coolant level dropping without visible leaks, white smoke from the tail pipe, and if the problem becomes bad enough engine oil contaminated with coolant. You have done well in diagnosing the problem this far. There are a few more likely problems that will cause your vehicle to overheat such as a stuck closed thermostat, clogged radiator, low coolant level, or cooling fans not operating properly. Overheating the vehicle can turn into a large problem if left unattended and damage the engine. This problem should be diagnosed by a qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic which can provide a overheating inspection and diagnose what is causing your overheating issues.