Q: Intermittent Check Engine Light.

Check engine light has came on and off intermittently for the last month. Had local parts store scan for the code, and error code was P0013. Sometimes the car will idle rough when the A/C is on, but other than that no symptoms. Took car to dealer, but that day the light wasn't on. How ugent of an issue is this? How would I get it repaired or diagnosed if it does need to be fixed and the light isn't on? So far I haven't seen any specific situation for the light to come on.

Hello. The P0013 code very common in this engine. This is due to a bad variable camshaft solenoid on the exhaust cam. These fail all of the time. It allows the computer to adjust valve timing for better economy and performance. This will cause the issues you are having. Replace the solenoid and the car should work fine afterwards. If you want to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the Check Engine Light and make the correct repairs.

3. Intermittent Check Engine Light.