Q: My car is making a whirling noice when pressing on gas pedal and when braking. It’s also making a popping noise after it parked

My 2010 Hyundai Santa Fe is making a whirling noise when you press on the gas pedal when starts driving and when I press the brake pedal as well. It’s also making a popping like a minute or so after its parked. My transmission was change 2 months as we thought that was the problem but the noise came back a couple weeks ago.

The origin of the noise on accelerating versus braking could be different (brakes can be the source of noise apart from, say, the engine). With regard to engine noise, does the noise occur when the car is parked as you increase engine speed to roughly 2,500 RPM? If yes, then you’ll next want to determine if the noise is in the accessory belt driven components or the engine or perhaps torque converter. If the noise does not occur when the vehicle is parked, it may be related to wheel bearings and possibly the transmission. The way to resolve this is to request a vehicle noise diagnostic. If you request that service, the responding certified mechanic from YourMechanic will definitely find the origin of the noise. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. My car is making a whirling noice when pressing on gas pedal and when braking. It’s also making a popping noise after it parked