Is there a crankshaft sensor and a crankshaft position se...

Q: Is there a crankshaft sensor and a crankshaft position sensor

Want to because I received a black part which looks like what it is but I’m also seeing another part that’s also described as being the crankshaft sensor too don’t know if it’s for older models or what

Hi Future. Thanks for the follow-up. Yes, there is a camshaft position sensor, located at the top of the engine near the bottom of the cylinder head and the crankshaft sensor, that is located near the crank pulley. I think buying a service manual for your Buick is your best option.