Q: Lifters and oil changed out, now notice a knocking sound.

asked by on December 29, 2015

Had oil changed recently and the lifters replaced. I noticed an occasional knocking sound.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

A knocking sound is not a good sound to have. It could happen in a number of places. It could either be in the valve train or could be a piston rod or crank bearing worn out. Either one is not good. I would recommend taking it to a mechanic and have them diagnose the noise. It could also be a piston slap, either one is going to take a complete rebuild of the engine to fix.