Q: Headlights burning out

I am having issues with my headlights burning out on my car. I had my bulbs replaced once, and they burned out again 5,000 miles later. Each side burned out within a couple days of each other. I took the car to the dealership and didn't get much help. Why is this happening? How can I fix it?

There are a few possible reasons for frequent headlight bulb burnout, but I would recommend looking very closely at your headlight assemblies.

It is very possible that you may have a crack in your headlight, allowing moisture to get in and burn out your bulbs. Even the smallest of cracks can allow moisture in. If you do find a crack in your headlight, it may be possible to fix with some epoxy. If this does not fix the leak, I would recommend having a certified professional, such as one from YourMechanic, come to inspect your headlight assembly at your home or office, and replace it if deemed necessary, to keep your visibility and safety under control for nighttime driving.

3. Headlights burning out