Q: Crankshaft position sensor bolt broke off

asked by on December 18, 2016

I am replacing the crankshaft position sensor in my 2003 Chevrolet Tahoe 4wd. I had no problems until I went to put the new one in. As I was beginning to screw in the bolt that holds the sensor in place, it broke off just below the head, leaving 3/4 of the bolt inside its hole with nothing sticking out. It's a really tight spot and I can't think of any way to get it out so that I can put a new bolt in. Can you help me?

You may need to remove the throttle body to gain access to remove the broke off screw. This would be the best way to get access to remove the broken bolt.