Q: Oil all over engine

There was a leak in the oil compartment and oil spurted all over the engine. The engine is now making a funny noise. Will the noise stop after the oil has been cleaned up?

Hello. First we need to clarify if the leak was fixed or not. This must be done first. Then after the oil is cleaned, we can see if there was any other damage. Oil contamination can get onto electrical components and cause a bad connection. This can interfere with any system whos wire was contaminated. During the leak, was the vehicle ever driven while it was low or out of oil? This can cause the engine a variety of different damages which would make noises. Make sure that the leak has been fixed, the engine has been cleaned, the engine has new quality oil, and a new oil filter. From there you can examine any noises further and attempt to pinpoint the location and the component(s) causing it.