Q: Why do I keep getting a C0268 code in my 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe

asked by on April 09, 2017

Abs light frustration. C0268. Abs pump motor circuit short. Changed ebcm and checked grounds. How can I test my and pump to see if it's operable. Abs light seems to come on after a test at a low speed. What do you think?

Hello. Typically when you get this code it is because the pump is not functioning. Most of the time it is caused by the pump windings in the motor failing which will cause an improper voltage feedback which sets the code. The pump can typically be tested with the right scan tool that can be used to turn it off and on. If you need to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why the ABS system is not functioning] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/abs-light-is-on-inspection