Q: 2006 ml350 Mercedes SUV, car locked but driver door opens without key present and alarm goes off.

asked by on April 29, 2017

Car completely locked but drivers side door opens and sets off alarm without key present. The door lock indicator just inside the window is down showing locked but after first handle pull the door unlocks and opens setting off alarm.

Door Lock Actuator Replacement $130.36 - $614.36 Get a Quote

Many door locks are controled by a door lock actuator inside the door. This actuator is connected to metal rods that mechanically activate the lock when the actuator moves electronically. It is possible that one of these metal rods has come disconnected from the door handle but is still connected to the lock. I would recommend having your driver door panel removed to inspect the lock mechanism. Consider YourMechanic as door lock actuators can be inspected or replaced at your home or office.