Q: Hose leaking coolant

asked by on February 05, 2016

I see a leak in what I believe to be a hose for the coolant. I poured antifreeze in the coolant tank, but the level dropped really fast, and it started spewing out the end of the hose. I am not sure if it is a single leak, or if there are multiple leaks.

Hi there. If there is an obvious leak that you can see then that needs to be repaired first. If it is from a hose then that hose may simply need to be replaced. Once it is replaced the system should be pressure tested to see if there are any other leaks. I would typically do this with a cooling system pressure tester. If not other leaks are found then the car should be driven to see if it overheats. If not then the leak is the only issue. If you need assistance with this, I would have a certified mechanic locate any coolant leaks and have this issue repaired soon.