Q: Why would the battery and brake light come on for no reason as well as the transmission jerking when accelerating from first to second?

asked by on March 18, 2017

What would make battery and brake interior light come on for no reason? Also the transmission slips/jerks when accelerating from first to second

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Your alternator may not be working properly. If so, turn off all the lights and have the engine running at night. Then from an idle condition, rev up the engine. If the brake and battery light become brighter, then the alternator is loosing amperage and the battery may not be charging. If the lights are solid and do not change, then there could be an issue with the brake switch to the parking brake system. If you need further assistance with your warning lights on, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.