Q: I have an EPC problem on my 09 Audi A4. Any suggestions?

Happened after battery dying for being in the car charging my phone

Hi there. The EPC (Electronic Power Control) light is just a way to tell you that there is a problem with the drive by wire system. The issue could be the throttle pedal position sensor not registering to the computer (ECM). You can reset the sensor with the following steps:

• Turn on the ignition switch
  • Slowly step on the gas pedal all the way to the floor
  • While holding the gas pedal on the floor, turn off the ignition switch
  • While holding the gas pedal on the floor, turn on the ignition switch
  • Slowly let up on the gas pedal all the way to the rest position
  • Turn off the ignition switch

That will reset the sensor and you can start the vehicle and see if the light goes out. If the light is still on, then I recommend replacing the throttle pedal position sensor. If you need further assistance with your EPC light, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. I have an EPC problem on my 09 Audi A4. Any suggestions?