Q: Mustang squeaking and squealing

My Mustang is squeaking and squealing from either the clutch pedal or the transmission, or both.

Hi there. If the noise is occurring when operating the clutch, then it may be in the clutch itself. If there is slipping, then the clutch itself is bad. If the noise only occurs when pressing in the clutch, then the clutch release bearing is bad. If it is there when the clutch is released, then it may be the pilot bearing. Either way the transmission will need to be removed to be able to access and diagnose these parts. I recommend having a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the squeaking and squealing noise and determine what repairs are needed.