Q: ABS reacts while braking at low speeds

My car has braking problems. Sometimes it feels as though the car is on ice. While I drive slowly through traffic, with a lot of decelerating when on stop light, the ABS reacts while I am braking. This happens at very low speeds around 15 mph on dry road. Do you have any suggestions as to why this happens?

I am having a little trouble fully grasping the problem you are having but I will provide the most full answer possible.

If the ABS system is engaging and causing the brakes to lock up there could be a variety of faults that would cause this such as ABS module failure, vehicle speed sensor or faulty brake components.

This could also be caused by mechanical issues such as a stuck brake caliper, bald or damaged tires, or failed suspension components.

The best course of action it to have a diagnosis of your ABS system performed.