Q: Ford rotors not serviceable

When I went to O'Reilly's, they said that Ford rotors are not serviceable, because they are barely above the changes of the factory. Is this true? Why would Ford do that? Another place polishes other Fords. Warped vs. neat polishing--how to choose?

When the rotors are warped it would be wisest to get new ones anyway. They are warped because they are cheaply made and they are warped in the heat. If you machine them down, they are even thinner and they are going to warp even faster. Buy new ones. Most manufacturers make them into pretty tight tal-inches and turning them is not an alternative. With all of the Chinese stuff that is out there, they are decent steal. Chinese make good steal products. You can get rotors that work perfectly fine for a really low price and replace the rotors. Don’t even bother turning them. It’s not worth it on most modern cars, because they are cheaply made for all the manufacturers. That’s just how it’s going these days. If you want to get your rotors taken care of for you, YourMechanic also offers services for your rotor replacement that can be done at your home. They can make sure that this service is performed correctly.

3. Ford rotors not serviceable