Q: I hear a whining noise as my vehicle increases speed.

asked by on February 28, 2017

It has ticking and it has a whining noise as I get faster

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

These types of noises can generally come from a faulted cv axle or badly worn wheel bearing on the vehicle. A cv axle with torn grease boots may make more noise during tight cornering and a worn wheel bearing will generally groan or whine and will increase in volume as vehicle speed increases. Consider hiring an experienced technician like one from YourMechanic who can come out for a closer inspection of the vehicle to determine the cause of the noises your are hearing and offer a more personal diagnosis.