Q: I drove my car without coolant and the engine overheated. I got the car home and filled the coolant but engine is kind of smoky.

I accidently over filled the coolant tank. I'm wonderin if I should let the car run even tho the engine is slightly smoky

Depends on if you drove the vehicle with straight water or nothing in the cooling system. If there was nothing in the cooling system, then the head gasket may have burned causing the coolant to slightly leak into a cylinder making the smoke. If the smoke is white and smells sweet, then coolant is being burned. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your engine after being overheated.

3. I drove my car without coolant and the engine overheated. I got the car home and filled the coolant but engine is kind of smoky.