Q: My 07 Lexus is350 started making a bad clicking or knocking noise this am, my friend has a pocket scanner the code is 7e8 and 7e9

Loud clicking or knocking noise on the passenger side of the engine

Hi there. Unfortunately, the pocket scanner won’t help us diagnose this clicking noise for you. In order to correctly diagnose this issue, a professional mobile mechanic would have to complete an OBD-II diagnostic test with a digital scanner that would help us determine if the noise is caused by a damaged component monitored by the ECU. In most cases however, when a loud, repetitive noise is noticed on one side of the vehicle, it can be caused by a failing serpentine belt pulley or accessory belt pulley (like an AC component for example). It is also possible that the noise is coming from the front tire on the passenger side; specifically the wheel bearing. Since there are many different possible sources of this noise, I would recommend having a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is making a noise inspection to determine what is causing the noise and what repairs will resolve this issue.

3. My 07 Lexus is350 started making a bad clicking or knocking noise this am, my friend has a pocket scanner the code is 7e8 and 7e9