Q: Lights melted the headlights

asked by on November 03, 2015

The daytime running lights/parking lights on my 2009 Toyota Tacoma have gotten so hot that they melted and bubbled up. They work, but clearly they look ugly and broken. My truck only has 40,000 miles on it. What a shame! Is there a way to make them look less burnt?

Hello! Thank you for writing in about this problem. This issue is common in 2005-2011 Tacoma models. Toyota recently released Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) TC-14-025 that specifically covers this problem. An extended warranty has been placed on the headlamp assemblies on these vehicles. In order to resolve this issue, it is best to schedule an appointment with your local Toyota dealer. When scheduling the appointment, be sure to mention the specific TSB number.